Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Mancation

When my friend Todd Cohen and I came up with the idea of taking a vacation together back in January, I figured it was just a pipe dream. Either Laurie would shoot down the concept or, much like my many other hair-brained ideas, it would just peter out at some point. Laurie was (eventually) supportive of the idea and Todd came up with a plan that really fired me up – a baseball road trip to a bunch of different ball parks.

After much planning and coordination, Todd and I came up with an itinerary that crammed 6 games into 5 days in 5 different cities. We scoured the internet for tickets, flights, rental cars, hotels, seating charts, baseball schedules, and the occasional extra curricular activity in each city. The following is my recollection the experience, though I imagine Todd’s version may differ slightly and will most certainly include more references to my multiple restroom trips than I care to share with you (you’re welcome!).